Data Science Internship
Location of Position: Boston, MA
Program Length: 10-week program from early June to mid-August (open to rising juniors and seniors: Class of 2025 & 2026)
Required for Application: Resume
Office Requirement: Intern is expected to work in their assigned office at least 4 days per week with the option to work from home 1 day per week
Expected Hours: Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week
Base Pay/Salary: Boston, MA: $30 / hour
Additionally, offer includes sign-on bonus.
DATA SCIENTIST INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The 10-week Data Scientist internship program provides an introduction and immediate exposure to the intersection of data science and investment research, along with an opportunity to work alongside Data Scientists with a range of experiences. Interns attend a team orientation and training program which introduces and familiarizes them with our data, research resources, and investment teams. Interns assume significant responsibility throughout the program, collaborating directly with their team on software development projects and statistical analysis.
- Partner with data science and investing professionals across the technology stack on both investment and data-related related content allocation, spending, and performance data
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to deliver high quality insights within project scope and timeframes
- Apply novel statistical methods to analyze data obtained from a variety of sources
- Participate in planning activities related to projects the Investment Science Team undertakes
- Write basic unit tests and support test driven development/automation within the investment science code base
- Work on Research and Development activities and prototypes
- Participate in peer code reviews
- In-depth orientation and training program that introduces interns to Cambridge Associates and investment management as well as self-guided learning opportunities through our online learning platforms
- Mentorship from tenured Data Scientists who serve as key resource during intern program
- Exposure to top-tier investment managers
- Intern specific networking events, as well as opportunities to engage with employee resource groups and service council to promote collaboration and corporate citizenship
- Current enrollment in Bachelor’s degree program or equivalent work experience and/or completion of Bachelor’s degree; strong educational or experiential foundation in Math, Computer Science or Data Analysis
- Experience and comfort with coding in R or Python
- Passion for solving complex problems through data
- Ability to thrive in an environment that will consist of in person and at home work options
- Proactive communicator
- Interest in learning about finance and investment management
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or restriction now and in the future
OUR CLIENTS, CULTURE & PEOPLE
Cambridge Associates is a global investment firm and aims to help clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios. We believe our clients come first. Our clients are the most compelling endowments, foundations, pensions, private clients and institutional investors around the globe. Ours is a long-term business with long-term client relationships. We bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve.
Cambridge Associates believes culture is central to your success and ours. We believe in a vibrant, values-driven culture that is supportive, inclusive, and diverse. Here, we celebrate the individual while we support global connectivity. At Cambridge, collaboration wins, kindness matters, and your success is our priority. We foster an inclusive and diverse environment that enables all individuals to engage and bring their full selves to work. By leveraging your unique skills, developing your individual career goals, and building a collaborative global community of connected, diverse individuals, we build a community that is stronger together.
We actively recruit and invest in the most dynamic and diverse talent and then empower our employees to succeed. Cambridge strongly encourages applications for our Data Scientist Internship Program from high-achieving, underrepresented candidates, including students who self-identify as female, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American and/or LGBTQ+.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
The firm is committed to the concept and practice of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. It is expected that all employees will follow a similar policy toward their co-workers.