Debt Capital Markets - Cohort Program
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,500 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Our Debt Capital Market (DCM) business unit works with our clients on syndicated, middle market and corporate loans. These client facing roles are a great introduction to finance, loan servicing, and alternative investing. Our services cover all aspects of loan servicing including Borrower & Lender communication, Loan & Facility Activity Maintenance, Trade Settlement and Credit Administration. We are focused on offering high quality middle and back-office support to our clients so that they can focus on portfolio growth, loan originations and portfolio management. The credit investment lifecycle is supported by end-to-end credit services technology, including a secure client web portal with 24/7 access to every loan in our client’s portfolio. Our state-of-the art technology allows us to manage portfolios on a global, asset and investor level across all types of loan structures and jurisdictions.
We have the following roles open for this summer:
- Debt Capital Markets - Cohort Program: Agency or Credit Structed Products: (Carmel or Chicago): Join a team and then spend 10 weeks in an exciting learning, training, and development environment as you learn about the different parts of DCM at Alter Domus. This program will set you up for a successful career inside our DCM group.
- Manage middle-market and broadly-syndicated commercial bank loans where Alter Domus has been engaged as the administrative agent;
- Maintain the loan register, record, and execute all loan activities;
- Review and extract data from loan agreements, amendments, and other governing loan documents, ensuring accurate application on the loan agency system;
- Prepare and process invoices, disbursing all deal-related fees;
- Accurately prepare loan notices;
- Develop and maintain a solid working relationship with lenders and borrowers, providing exceptional customer service;
- Participate in Alter Domus Intern Programming around professional development, career progression, and presentation
- Attend in-person and virtual networking events
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in the following majors: Finance, Economics, Management, Mathematics, or other Business related majors
- Current Senior with an expected graduation date between December 2023-August 2024
- Proficient with Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, learning, and collaboration skills
- Customer centric mindset
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work responsibly in a hybrid environment
- Authorized to work in the US with NO need for employment-based sponsorship now OR in the future
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.