Youth Mental Health Worker Starting at $19-$20.50/hour
NEW BEDFORD, MA – Are you a passionate, compassionate and team-oriented individual who is looking for a rewarding career in which you can make a positive impact on the lives of children and adolescents? If so, apply today to become a Youth Mental Health Worker within our YCCS program!
YCCS (Youth Community Crisis Stabilization) is a short-term residential treatment model for children ages 4-17 in need of acute crisis stabilization. As a Youth Mental Health Worker, you will work with clients of varying ages who are currently experiencing a metal health crisis and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide acute therapeutic services. Our YCCS program provides comprehensive services through a multi-disciplinary approach for children and adolescents. Our YCCS is currently located at 543 North Street, New Bedford, MA.
YCCS is a 24 hour program which is composed of three shifts: 1st (7am- 3pm), 2nd (3-11pm) and 3rd (11p-7am) , including weekends and holidays. There is a $1 differential for 3rd shift or weekend shifts.
Schedule Currently Available:
- Full Time - 3rd Shift Available
- Full Time - mix of 1st and 2nd shift
- Part Time - mix of 1st and 2nd shift
- High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelors
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse and inclusive environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to communicate about/with the clients served in a manner which promotes their growth, human rights, and integration into the community
- Act as a role model and provide a safe and nurturing environment for children and adolescents while helping them to gain sustainable skills that aid in their success in home, school, and the community
- Behavioral Counselors will focus on social, recreational, and behavioral needs of children and adolescents while ensuring their physical, emotional, and social needs are being met
- Develop meaningful and supportive relationships with all clients, emphasizing client accountability and attainment of client goals
- Function as a consistent and interactive presence within the milieu
- Plan and facilitate activities, including informal client counseling, recreational activities, and life skill discussions and groups
- Abide by and follow the behavioral model and all program interventions
- Ability to utilize physical intervention as a last resort and within the agency guidelines (CPI training will be provided)
- Works effectively and professionally with clients and collaterals, such as family members, state agency personnel, other agencies and professionals
- Perform basic households duties and meal preparation
- Must attend all mandatory monthly staff meetings and trainings
Cultural Competency Qualifications
- Awareness of personal attitudes, beliefs, biases, and assumptions about others
- Knowledge of the various dimensions of diversity, including gender, race, and ethnicity
- Acknowledging that people from other cultural groups may not share the same beliefs and practices or perceive experiences in the same way
- Cultural knowledge of key populations that will be served to address disparities in service delivery
- Demonstrates positive attitudes towards cultural differences by showing respect and openness towards people whose social and cultural background is different from one's own
- Demonstrates skills for communication and interaction across cultures, including the ability to recognize and manage personal behaviors, moods, and impulses to create an inclusive, equitable, and welcoming climate within the agency
- Heal and strengthen the lives of children and families
- Benefit eligible at 20+ hours
- Medical – Harvard Pilgrim/Health Plans – 75% employer paid for full-time employees
- Dental – Delta Dental
- EyeMed Vision
- AbilitiCBT - FREE TO ALL EMPLOYEES
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued over 1st year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 5 years and 5 weeks after 20 years
- Generous sick time and personal time
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $1,500 per calendar year
- Professional Licensure reimbursement (LICSW, LMHC)
- Flexible spending accounts – save on medical expenses and dependent care!
- 401K – CFS matches first 1% at 100%; 2%-6% of annual earnings are matched at 50%
- 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer paid Long Term Disability and AD&D
- 24 hour travel assistance, mileage reimbursement, discounted Healthtrax gym membership, BJs membership discounts and employee appreciation events!
Child and Family Services, Inc. values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applicants from the BIPOC, LGBTQ+, AAPI, Hispanic, Latinx and Veteran communities to apply for employment. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, sex,( including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy) disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.