Therapeutic Training and Support Staff
Child & Family Services is looking for a full-time 40 hour/week Therapeutic Training and Support Staff (TT&S) in New Bedford, MA. The TT&S will provide each client and their family with the most clinically appropriate approach to individual and family treatment. This individual will work in tandem with a licensed clinician performing family therapy as well as one-on-one therapy with youth. This individual will work with clients throughout the Greater New Bedford area. The TT&S reports directly to the IHT Program Director. **Bilingual, Spanish speaking candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
This is an excellent position for someone who is working towards their clinical Master’s degree and looking for a more clinical work experience.
- Bachelors degree in Psychology, Social Work or closely related human services field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with children and families
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation as travel is required
The following responsibilities are not meant to be all inclusive and may be adjusted to meet the agency’s needs:
- Work in collaboration with team members and the entire family, or a subset of the family, to assist with implementation of focused, structural, or strategic interventions and behavioral techniques to: enhance problem-solving, limit-setting, risk management/safety planning, and communication; build skills to strengthen the family, advance therapeutic goals, or improve ineffective patterns of interaction; identify and utilize community resources; and develop and maintain natural supports for the youth and parent/caregiver(s) in order to promote sustainability of treatment gains.
- Support implementation of the clinician’s treatment plan to assist the youth and family in achieving the goals of that plan.
- Attend and assist with facilitating family therapy sessions.
- Facilitate individual sessions with clients.
- Assist the clinician in implementing the therapeutic objectives of the treatment plan designed to address the youth’s mental health, behavioral, and emotional needs.
- Maintain production expectations and record keeping requirements.
- Maintain positive working relationships with IHT team, including supervisor and clinician, in addition to other collateral contacts and community providers.
- Participate in appropriate clinical and administrative staff meetings.
- Engage in effective Care Coordination and Collaboration.
- Participate in independent education and training opportunities.
- Utilize clinical skills involving knowledge of the DSM-5.
- Provide psychoeducation and advocacy as appropriate.
Cultural Competency Qualifications
- Awareness of personal attitudes, beliefs, biases, and assumptions about others
- Knowledge of the various dimensions of diversity, including gender, race, and ethnicity
- Acknowledging that people from other cultural groups may not share the same beliefs and practices or perceive experiences in the same way
- Cultural knowledge of key populations that will be served to address disparities in service delivery
- Demonstrates positive attitudes towards cultural differences by showing respect and openness towards people whose social and cultural background is different from one's own
- Demonstrates skills for communication and interaction across cultures, including the ability to recognize and manage personal behaviors, moods, and impulses to create an inclusive, equitable, and welcoming climate within the agency
- Heal and strengthen the lives of children and families
- Benefit eligible at 20+ hours
- Medical – Harvard Pilgrim/HealthPlans – 75% employer paid for full-time employees
- Dental – MetLife
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued over 1st year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 5 years and 5 weeks after 20 years
- Generous sick time and personal time
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $1,500 per calendar year
- Professional Licensure reimbursement (LICSW, LMHC)
- Flexible spending accounts – save on medical expenses and dependent care!
- 401K – CFS matches first 1% at 100%; 2%-6% of annual earnings are matched at 50%
- 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer paid Long Term Disability and AD&D
- 24 hour travel assistance, mileage reimbursement, discounted Healthtrax gym membership, BJs membership discounts and employee appreciation events!
Child and Family Services, Inc. values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applicants from the BIPOC, LGBTQ+, AAPI, Hispanic, Latinx and Veteran communities to apply for employment. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, sex,( including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy) disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.