Cultural Care Au Pair
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Matching Specialist to join our team. As a Matching Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in guiding host families through the process of browsing, interviewing, matching and welcoming a suitable au pair. Reporting to the Director of Placement & Sales, you will be the primary point of contact for our host families, engaging with them via phone, email, and chat to ensure a smooth and memorable experience.
- Engage with host families through phone, email, and chat on a daily basis, delving into their unique family dynamics, schedules, personalities, and aspirations for a successful cultural exchange experience.
- Demonstrate consultative sales skills to effectively communicate the benefits of our program and its value.
- Initiate proactive introduction phone calls with host families, making a positive and lasting first impression.
- Establish strong and meaningful connections with customers, responding promptly and with a sense of urgency to their inquiries and requests. Ensuring their satisfaction and addressing any concerns or issues.
- Overcome challenges and concerns by providing expert guidance and support throughout the host family’s journey from registration to au pair arrival.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and annual matching goals, leveraging your time efficiently to manage the host families in your pipeline and cater to their individual needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues and our independent contractor team of Local Childcare Consults to enhance the overall customer experience.
Who you are:
- You’re a persuasive communicator and natural networker who is excited by the idea of helping create global families.
- You thrive on competition, enjoy achieving goals and want to be part of a global team that motivates you.
- Organizing and managing multiple priorities comes naturally to you.
- You excel in high-pressure situations and welcome challenges, preferring a fast-paced environment over boredom.
- You don’t subscribe to the phrase, “that’s not my job” and believe in a customer centric business strategy.
- Resourcefulness defines you; you have a solutions-oriented mindset and never shy away from finding answers or fearlessly handling difficult conversations.
- Going above and beyond is the only way you do things.
Our benefits & perks:
Whether you are working in one of our beautiful and modern hub offices in Austin, Boston or Denver, or from the convenience of your home office, you will enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and events sponsored by our employee-run “EFinity” groups: Accessibility@EF, API@EF, Black@EF, Faith@EF, Indigenous@EF, Jewish@EF, Latinx+@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, MENA@EF and Parents@ EF.
In addition, you can also expect:
- Flexibility: Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: participate in our hybrid work model with up to two days of work from home per week
- Development: Robust professional growth opportunities interacting with colleagues from all around the world including our initial new hire onboarding, monthly trainings, quarterly global staff meetings, workshops, and inspiring sessions with global leaders and experts
- Vacation: Four weeks paid vacation your first year and twelve paid holidays
- Retirement: 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Insurance: Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance, dependent care coverage, and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Travel: Paid domestic and international business travel
- Selfcare: Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- Discounts: EF program discounts including personal travel, language schools, and childcare as well as discounts at some local venues and area businesses
Compensation: First-year Matching Specialist on-target earnings of $57,000 ($45,000 salary and $12,000 potential bonus), this role is also overtime eligible which includes additional hours for team late nights and Saturday shifts that may be necessary during peak season
About Cultural Care Au Pair
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host families—providing meaningful childcare support for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties. We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated by the Department of State and our dedicated staff work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to both micro and macro level business challenges, and evolve to stay relevant to our global audiences.
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education. At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
Cultural Care Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
Cultural Care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, parental status, Veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with everything we believe in and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate the laws and regulations in the locations in which we operate.