Senior Success Coach (ASPIRE)
The Senior Success Coach position is designed to provide intensive case management through the utilization of an array of evidence-based, culturally competent, person-centered, and family centered services, individual mentoring, psychoeducational programming, care coordination, and other family support. This position is a full-time, 40 hour/week position that is embedded in one of New Bedford’s three public middle schools. The person holding this position reports directly to the ASPIRE Program Director and is supported by a bachelor’s level Success Coach.
*2023 MA LEVEL GRADUATES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY NOW! Offers can be made pending verification of MA degree*
- Masters level degree in mental health counseling, psychology, social work or a related field from an accredited educational institution
- Experience working directly with youth, families, and substance use issues
- License Eligible or Licensed (LCSW, LICSW, LMHC, LMFT) - NEW GRADUATES WELCOME!
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle to travel between school and office location
The following responsibilities are not meant to be all inclusive and may be adjusted to meet the agency’s needs.
- Provide a safe, welcoming, and clean environment for our clients and families
- Work in collaboration with team members, clients, and families to implement person-centered and family-centered, recovery-oriented, evidence-based and trauma-informed care
- Perform intake interviews, needs assessments, and individual service planning
- Provide psychoeducation and advocacy as appropriate
- Conduct case management meetings regularly with parents/caregivers and other stakeholders to discuss progress toward client-centered goals and to modify individual service plans as needed
- Maintain proper and complete documentation of meetings, releases, communication, referrals, and other paperwork
- Provide advocacy on behalf of the youth and their family
- Design and implement individualized youth development strategies to ensure that recommended support services are provided in a logical, timely, and effective manner
- Develop and maintain mutually respectful long-term relationships with families
- Identify resources in partnership with youth and families, establishing a referral system among community agencies and resources, and supporting youth and families in accessing these resources
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly data
- Conduct community outreach by planning and executing social and educational events and outings
- Visit the homes of participating families as appropriate
- Coordinate with the school to ensure educational requirements are being met
- Utilize evidence-based interventions, including motivational interviewing skills to empower clients and families with improving their overall health and wellness
- Monitor and track appropriate outcome measures
- Maintain case record expectations as required by the agency, funding sources, and accreditation authorities
Cultural Competency Qualifications
- Awareness of personal attitudes, beliefs, biases, and assumptions about others
- Knowledge of the various dimensions of diversity, including gender, race, and ethnicity
- Acknowledging that people from other cultural groups may not share the same beliefs and practices or perceive experiences in the same way
- Cultural knowledge of key populations that will be served to address disparities in service delivery
- Demonstrates positive attitudes towards cultural differences by showing respect and openness towards people whose social and cultural background is different from one's own
- Demonstrates skills for communication and interaction across cultures, including the ability to recognize and manage personal behaviors, moods, and impulses to create an inclusive, equitable, and welcoming climate within the agency
- Benefit eligible at 20+ hours
- Medical – Harvard Pilgrim/Health Plans - 75% employer paid for full-time employees- cost has not increased in 3 years!
- Dental – Delta Dental
- Vision - Eye Med
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued over 1st year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 5 years and 5 weeks after 20 years
- 12 sick days per year (accrued monthly); 2 personal days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K – CFS matches first 1% at 100%; 2%-6% of annual earnings are matched at 50%
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $1,500 per calendar year
- FREE Clinical Supervision towards licensure & Professional Licensure reimbursement (LICSW, LMHC)
- FREE CEU's and Trainings- up to 1,000 trainings available!
- Flexible spending accounts – save on medical expenses and dependent care!
- 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer paid Long Term Disability and AD&D
- Mileage Reimbursement of .62 cents/mile & Employee Discount Program
- FREE Employee Assistance Program and AbilitiCBT Mental Health program for employees & their family
Child and Family Services, Inc. values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applicants from the BIPOC, LGBTQ+, AAPI, Hispanic, Latinx and Veteran communities to apply for employment. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, sex,( including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy) disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.