eMobility® Engineering Internship
Are you passionate about technologies that advance our communities by driving energy efficiency and enabling a cleaner environment? Are you interested in an exciting career in the electric mobility and transportation electrification market? Drive your career goals by joining our 12-week summer internship with Siemens eMobility®! Siemens eMobility® is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Throughout these twelve weeks, you’ll have the chance to apply the knowledge you have gained in the classroom to problem solve through hands-on experience in a real-world working environment. The internship will also provide you with the exposure, network, and practical experience you will need to help discover your own personal version of success and identify your post-graduation career path.
We are seeking qualified candidates for our eMobility Internship Program beginning in May 2024. This program is based in Atlanta, GA and Raleigh, NC.
Here at Siemens eMobility, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications. Learn more about eMobility here!
- Selected talent will work on embedded, cloud connected products, hardware (power electronics), and services, cloud computing, and digital IOT devices skills.
- Specific intern assignments will involve a wide range of functions that may include design/R&D, solutions engineering, applications engineering, manufacturing engineering and sustainability engineering.
- The Siemens eMobility solutions opportunity exists for talent to develop and lead hand-on experience at a company with over 50,000 employees in the US and over 170 years of experience as a technological pioneer.
- You will be exposed to specialized training, digital tools, customer interface, change management, and ability to deploy real time learnings in a work environment.
Who Should Apply:
We are looking for a unique profile outside of the traditional mold. A candidate who has thirst for knowledge...always reading, learning, trying. Talent includes early career professionals who are flexible, technical, customer-focused, and can roll with the fluid nature of the field. The employee will welcome change and not be dependent on a fixed structure. Individuals will work with cutting edge technology and products and have a strong gravitation for IoT. We are looking for brains, passion, innovation, and ambition for making an impact.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
- Current junior or senior undergraduate student pursuing a bachelor’s degree. Candidates must not be graduating prior to September 2024.
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from May to August.
- Willing to relocate to Peachtree Corners, GA or Wendell, NC and travel as required (mileage reimbursement and housing stipend will be provided if required to relocate more than 50 miles from your permanent address).
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Ability to bridge the physical and digital world.
- Curiosity and thirst for technology as seen in personal hobbies and projects or extracurricular activities or had classrooms experience with IoT devices.
- Technical and business acumen to handle the pace and complexity of IoT products.
- Hands-on product prototype, test, and exploration for product functionality.
- Develop minimum viable products (MVP) using lean and agile methodologies.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous climate, in both the program structure and their role.
- For candidates with a background in software, experience with frameworks, cloud services, and programming languages, including but not limited to: Python, Rust, Go, C, C++, Linux, Microsoft Azure, and AWS.
- For candidates with a background in mechanical engineering, experience with simulation, heat transfer, 3D CAD, rapid prototyping technologies (machining and 3D printing).
- For candidates with a background in electrical engineering, experience with PCBA design, reading schematics, common test equipment (O-scope, multimeters, etc…), Altium.
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $29 - $31 per hour. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications, and premium geographic location.
We are a global technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to sustainable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value your unique identity and perspective. We are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us. Learn more about our commitment to DEI here.
Protecting the environment, conserving our natural resources, fostering the health and performance of our people as well as safeguarding their working conditions are core to our social and business commitment at Siemens. They are an integral part of our Business Conduct Guidelines and our corporate strategy.