Senior Risk Consulting Analyst - Chicago - 2024
Marsh is a global leader in consulting, risk management, and insurance broking. In more than 130 countries, our 45,000 colleagues work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
Marsh Advisory is a global business and differentiator for Marsh. With three business units –Consulting Solutions, Analytics Solutions, and Claims Solutions-, Marsh Advisory helps clients anticipate challenges and capitalize on emerging opportunities through proactive risk advice that builds resilience and confidence.
Marsh Advisory Associate Program is a two-year rotational program designed to provide you with the consulting toolkit you will need to accelerate your career at Marsh. As part of the program, you will be exposed to a variety of risk advisory disciplines, including: Strategic risk, Claims, Loss control, and Analytics. Specific projects can include emerging risk quantification (e.g. cyber risk); Environmental, social and governance consulting (e.g. climate materiality assessment); Enterprise risk management; Business continuity planning; Property risk engineering; Ergonomics, Health & Safety; Digital application and product development; as well as Forensic accounting services. You will be part of challenging projects, get access to professional development opportunities, participate in client meetings, gain broad business exposure to the firm’s leadership and talented team, and more!
To learn more about Marsh Advisory and our impact on clients please visit Marsh Advisory.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE:
- Assisting our clients mitigate risks, maximize recoveries, and optimize total cost of risk across their portfolio
- Project work examples include research/analysis, presentations, preparation of project deliverables, and data management
- Supporting Practice Management in writing proposals and preparing pitch presentations
- Analyzing client risk with the intent to develop and present recommendations
WHAT WE VALUE
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong data management and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client and internal relationships
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients
- Demonstrated leadership or initiative at school, work and/or community
- Current Seniors graduating with a bachelor’s degree (expected graduation May/June 2024)
- Preferred majors: Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, and Mathematics
- Minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Location: Chicago, with ability to travel domestically (hybrid based schedule - 3 days in office per week)
At Marsh, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact.
WHAT IS NEXT?
We will review applications on a rolling basis. The first round interview will consist of a recorded video interview through the online Hirevue platform. First round interviews via Hirevue will be held in early-October.
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 45,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $20 billion and 85,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.