Title: Graduate Fellow
Employment Type: Part-time, Temporary
Organization: Cause Strategy Partners
ABOUT CAUSE STRATEGY PARTNERS
Cause Strategy Partners’ mission is to inspire the world’s professionals to serve their cause. We work at the intersection of nonprofits and corporations to connect a diverse network of talented professionals interested in board service with value-aligned nonprofits seeking new board members.
Our curated and technology-enabled BoardLead process matches potential board candidates from the world’s leading corporations, professional services firms, and foundations with vetted nonprofits in their cause area. Through our BoardLearn platform and ongoing live trainings, we train candidates to be effective board members from day one.
Our individualized Concierge Board Placement service connects senior executives at top companies with high-profile nonprofits that have openings on their Board of Directors.
We partner with Fortune 500 companies and global professional services firms in the US and UK to help them retain talent, offer professional development opportunities, and advance their community engagement and CSR goals.
We train nonprofit leaders to work effectively with their board, help them attract talented potential board candidates via our BoardLead platform, vet candidates, and reduce friction in finding and selecting board members who can help them drive their mission forward.
See www.causestrategypartners.com to learn more about our work.
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Cause Strategy Partners seeks a mission-driven graduate student to join our team. The Graduate Fellow will work closely with Cause Strategy Partners staff and partners with a special focus on building capacity and planning around CSP’s signature program, BoardLead. The Graduate Fellow will also work closely with Cause Strategy Partners’ senior leadership including the Founder and CEO, COO and CPO with a focus on building internal capacity and pursuing strategic objectives of the overall enterprise. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to gain first-hand exposure and an understanding of the inner workings of a growing social enterprise.
The Graduate Fellow will:
- Support the Leadership Team in building internal capacity and implementing a range of strategic objectives as outlined in CSP’s Three Year Strategic Plan
Support data efforts relating to our flagship BoardLead program and overall organization including:
- BoardLead data management and evaluation efforts;
- Analysis of BoardLead’s impact
Support the development and execution of BoardLead’s newest model: BoardLead Young Professionals, including:
- Working closely with a BoardLead Senior Program Associate to build internal program management tools
- Conducting research on YPB service to support with the development of training materials
- Reviewing nonprofit applications for young professionals board placement
Engage in internal and external consulting assignments which could include:
- Supporting technology needs, including CSP’s Google drive, database back-up, technology needs, CRM, and data management; and (2) creating systems and manuals for the future maintenance of these technologies as opportunities arise.
- Supporting research and development projects
- Supporting internal operations projects to invest in CSP’s team members which could include: supporting the design of an internal board placement program, and evaluating CSP’s performance along important internal measures.
- Support external consulting and speaking engagements in partnership with CSP’s Founder & CEO
- Support all other tasks as identified by supervisor
Please note the following expectations for our internship program:
- Contractor position with a 12- 15 hour per week commitment
- Commit to the entire fellowship duration beginning October 2023, through mid- May 2024.
- The Graduate Fellow will be compensated at a rate of $25/hour.
The Graduate Fellow selected to fill this important position will work directly with Leadership Team members at Cause Strategy Partners and must be adept at a number of core competencies, including:
- Verbal and written communication: The candidate should demonstrate comfort with building internal and external relationships, and with crafting verbal and written communications. The candidate should be comfortable with presenting as they will required to present research findings and information to senior leadership regularly.
- Data Management: the fellow must demonstrate comfort with data management, with attention to detail and the ability to organize and interpret large amounts of data.
- Research + Data Synthesis: the graduate will be asked to support the design and build of new projects, presenting research findings and synthesizing data to propose optimal solutions for the organization.
- Technological and design prowess: the individual must be skilled in building high-impact presentation decks and navigating Excel, in particular.
- Highly efficient & organized self-starter: as a growing organization, Cause Strategy Partners has much work to be done on a tight timeline.
- Ambitious & flexible: no two days will be the same. Working with leadership at a social enterprise requires a candidate who is excited by challenges and comfortable with change.
Responsible: the Graduate Fellow will take ownership over their responsibilities & will be relied upon to deliver excellence in every activity.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Business, Public Administration, Social Impact or another relevant field, with at least one semester remaining.
- Track record of working effectively with senior leadership.
- A passion for community service and the importance of the nonprofit sector to society.
- Demonstrated experience in Data Management and/or Internal Operations preferred.
- An understanding and belief in Cause Strategy Partners’ values: Relationships, Honesty, Zeal, Advancement, Creativity, and Excellence.
- Understand and believe in the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Intrinsic motivation with the ability to work effectively in a full-time virtual team environment.
We are committed to ensuring that the graduate students who work with us through our fellowship program have a first-class learning experience. Fellows get quality time with senior team members and engage in "meaty" work of real consequence and impact. We work hard and we have a great time doing it.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
As an organization operating virtually, now and for the foreseeable future, we invite applicants without regard to geographic location. To apply:
Submit your application. Please send an email (with the subject line: “Graduate Fellow Application”) with your resume and cover letter to:
Whitley Richards, Acting Chief Operating Officer
Application Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2023
- We review your application based on skills and experience with particular attention paid to how you connect your previous experience to the responsibilities of this role and how this opportunity ties into your current academic pursuits.
- Select candidates will be invited to a 20- minute phone screening
- If selected to move forward, candidate(s) will be invited to a 45- minute interview. An assessment will be assigned to prepare in advance of the interview.
- If selected to move forward, you will be invited to a 45- minute interview with Cause Strategy Partners leadership.
Cause Strategy Partners is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its employees and contractors, without regard to race, gender and/or gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, unemployment status, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected basis. We believe we are stronger as a company when we are a diverse group of highly-qualified professionals. We are committed to equitable and inclusive practices in recruitment, hiring and promotion.