Early Career - Lennar Technology Intern
Lennar Corporation is one of the largest homebuilders in the United States, delivering over 66,000 homes in 2022 across 24 states. Lennar is a public company (LEN) headquartered in Miami, FL, and employs over 10,000 Associates across business units. Lennar’s homebuilding mission is focused on the profitable development of residential communities driven by strong operating margins, a land light strategy, and a commitment to innovation.
Lennar Technology serves as the foundation of the company by supporting core business activities ranging from enterprise systems to proprietary applications. The organization is rapidly advancing Lennar’s competitive position through various initiatives including the deployment of AI solutions and next-gen tech. The team prioritizes developing hands-on Associates who are eager to work alongside accomplished technical leaders to build top-tier solutions.
Lennar’s Technology Internship Program is a 10-week paid internship beginning in June for rising college seniors in which interns will apply theoretical knowledge gained in classrooms to real-world projects and challenges. The aim of the program is to help interns develop essential interpersonal and technical skills, enhance employability, and position interns for future career success. Interns will work alongside seasoned professionals, fostering a collaborative and inclusive workplace culture while contributing to impactful projects. Interns will quickly become immersed in Lennar’s culture through onboarding (including a visit to a Lennar Community); additional development & leadership exposure will occur through on-the-job and supplemental training, mentorship, and team outings & networking events. High-performing interns will have an opportunity to return to Lennar as part of the Technology Recent College Grad (RCG) program. Candidates should be willing to work on-site 5 days per week (~40 hours).
After applying to the internship program, if selected, applicants will be chosen based on their skillset to interview and assume one of four roles:
- Developer: gain hands-on experience developing quality and scalable software solutions using leading-edge technologies
- Technical Analyst: collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and implement technical solutions that align with our customers’ objectives
- Business Analyst: play a pivotal role in analyzing business processes, identifying opportunities for improvement, and implementing data-driven solutions
- Project Analyst: define and manage projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of technology teams from strategy development to execution
Education & Experience
- Rising college senior planning to graduate between December 2024 to May 2025 with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Business Management, or similar degree of relevance
- Hunger to learn in a complex and fast-paced environment with a positive attitude, both as part of a team and individually
- Strong critical thinking skills, self-directed and innovative mindset
- Takes interest in solving complex problems, and investing the time and energy to overcome roadblocks and learn from mistakes
- Ability to navigate in an ambiguous environment, including various work assignments and changing priorities
- Takes interest in designing, developing, and maintaining state-of-the-art technology applications
- Desire to build and sustain working relationships with both business and IT professionals while focusing on the needs of customers and consumers
- Strong analytical, leadership, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present findings to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of Scrum & Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of application frameworks e.g., Angular, Oracle, ASP.NET
- Familiarity with gathering and translating internal and external client requirements into technical design specifications as well as business process reengineering
- Knowledge of performing routine system administrator functions such as maintenance/updates, system backups, provisioning, roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups
- Knowledge of delivery/release events e.g., release notes, branching timelines, pull request, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution
- Ability to understand business needs and provide possible solutions to internal stakeholders and/or clients e.g., soliciting requirements by conducting interviews, performing data and document analysis, surveys, shadow sessions etc.
- Familiarity with researching potential business opportunities and/or changes to meet business goals within budget
- Ability to write requirement specifications using language that is clear, concise and encompassing for a diverse audience
- Ability to perform project management duties e.g., creating and documenting processes, developing timelines, milestone tracking, KPI tracking, communicating action plans
- Ability to ensure projects adhere to defined scopes and timelines
- Ability to coordinate meetings, track action items, and create presentations and visuals to assist with documenting business requirements
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Travel to different locations by air or car is required.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Work independently of daily supervision.
- Interact well with co-workers and associates at all company levels.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Work as part of a team
- Understand and follow documented work rules and department procedures.
- Present training material either in person or via WebEx.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.