Investment Management Operations Associate
Who You’ll Work With:
Operations delivers a wide range of middle and back-office support to all of AllianceBernstein’s investment services (equities, fixed income, alternative investments) as well as distribution channels (institutional clients, individuals and private clients). You will work with the front office and portfolio management as well with various custodian banks and vendors, and provide regional support in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
The program will expose associates to various functional areas within Operations, such as:
- Derivative Operations provides operational and administrative processing support for Derivatives Trading and Investment Management for Fixed income, Equity and all other non-standard alternative investment vehicles.
- Client Guideline Management is responsible for the coding of investment restrictions into the compliance tools, and the monitoring of potential guideline breaches in our clients’ portfolios.
- Global Portfolio Administration is generally responsible for account administration, such as bank reconciliations and account transitions, for clients utilizing an external custodian for their assets.
- Private Client Administration serves as an operational liaison to Private Client Sales and Portfolio Management and provides administrative support for all Private Client accounts.
- Reference Data Services is responsible for maintaining core data for all AllianceBernstein’s processes, such as security setup, pricing, corporate actions, class actions and account setup, as well as the entry, maintenance, and quality of the data.
- Fixed Income – Alternatives Operations is responsible for implementing and maintaining an operational model to support AllianceBernstein’s expanding Private Credit Products. These include Middle Market Lending, and Residential/SecuritizedMortgage.
- Operational Risk partners with the business to develop key risk and performance indicators that provide a balanced view of our organization and can be used to improve its processes, ensure proper controls and escalation capabilities are in place globally, and coordinate risk mitigation initiatives in partnership with other business units.
- Alternatives Infrastructure & Operations supports alternative investment products and complex fund structures including a variety of products and strategies. The team is able to support these complex structures by increasing scale and capabilities through automation and design of efficient processes and tools, while instituting best practices.
What You’ll Do:
Each rotation will require you to learn a new skill or expand an existing one. Each associate will complete a project that is critical to the success of the team, department, and firm. During the program, you will be matched with two mentors who will help with your transition into the firm and provide career advice. Upon successful completion of each rotation, you will have the opportunity to present to a committee of senior leaders in Operations and Technology. Throughout the program, associates will meet with program leaders to review available career paths and work together to determine their next opportunity (based on the firm’s needs and associate interests).
What We’re Looking For:
- December 2023 or May/June 2024 bachelor’s degree and MBA candidates in finance, economics, business administration or related fields
- Cumulative GPA of a 3.3 or higher
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail with great verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Who We Are:
We are a leading global investment management firm offering high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, retail investors, and private-wealth clients in major markets around the globe. With over 4,000 employees across 57 locations operating in 26 countries and jurisdictions, our ambition is simple: to be the most trusted investment firm in the world. We realize that it's our people who give us a competitive advantage and drive success in the market, and our goal is to create an inclusive culture that rewards hard work.
Our culture of intellectual curiosity and collaboration creates an environment where you can thrive and do your best work. Whether you're producing thought-provoking research, identifying compelling investment opportunities, infusing new technologies into our business, or providing thoughtful advice to our clients, we are fully invested in you. If you're ready to challenge your limits and empower your career, join us!
How We Invest in You:
AB’s purpose is to pursue insight that unlocks opportunity. It is why we exist and what we work at every day. Our shared values define how we work. They’re a foundation of our culture, which empowers all of us to be our complete selves – and contribute our distinctive talents. We invest in one another, strive for distinctive knowledge, speak with courage and conviction, and act with integrity – Always!
We recognize the value of investing in one another, fostering growth and advancement while meeting evolving individual needs. That’s why we’ve crafted a competitive benefits package and focused intently on developing a holistic approach to employee well-being. Here are a few highlights of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation offerings
- Retirement plans with matching employer contribution and no fees on core investments
- A holistic employee benefit package to support your and your family’s health and wellness
- Flexible time off
- Hybrid work model
- Associate Development Days
- Mentoring Program
AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria