BNID Graphic Design Intern
The Graphic Design Intern will be a valuable addition to the BNID team for the Fall 2023 semester by assisting with visual branding and social media design. This is a part-time role that reports directly to the Executive Director. Because this is a special projects assignment, this role is part-time and flexible (work remotely and on your own schedule).
The Boston Network for International Development (BNID) serves as a point of connection for groups and individuals in the Greater Boston area who are concerned with issues of international development, human rights, global justice, peacebuilding, humanitarian aid, and related sectors. BNID serves as a convenor and network weaver to support community growth and collective learning through programs on current events, career development, non-profit management, and more.
Learning objectives and activities
BNID is seeking an intern to support with social media design that resonates with our brand, mission, and ethos. Working closely with the Executive Director, the intern will create graphic templates that can be used interchangeably and on all social media platforms. The intern will also have an opportunity to help us refine our visual branding and design elements.
By completing this internship, the individual will gain the following:
- Expand branding and social media design skills
- Exposure to non-profit brand development
- Guidance from the Executive Director and other members of BNID
- Ability to gain tangible work experience and bring their own ideas to fruition
Award: $350 at the completion of the internship
Dates: October 2023 - December 2023 (Flexible dates)
Location: Interns are ideally based in the Greater Boston area
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in-progress or equivalent experience in graphic design, marketing, or a related field
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience communicating with clients to carry out graphic design work through a school project, job, or internship
- Proficient with graphic design software (Canva, Illustrator, etc.)
- Self-directed and able to work independently and with a team
Please apply by sending a resume, cover letter, and work samples to email@example.com by Oct. 13. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
NOTE: We will begin interviews before the Oct. 13 deadline and strongly encourage candidates to apply early.
BNID’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI):
As we work to improve our practices around diversity, equity, and inclusion at BNID, we’re interested in candidates who will be equally committed to our vision of improving our practices for racial, gender, and social justice. We value the leadership of People of Color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, disabled persons, and other marginalized communities, and encourage candidates who reflect all forms of diversity to apply.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This internship is part of a training program, similar to that which would be given in an educational environment. The intern will work under close supervision of existing staff. The intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in training nor a job at the conclusion of the training period.