The position is a Server I/O Development Engineer position in the Lenovo Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG), based in Morrisville, North Carolina. This is an exciting role in the ThinkSystem Server I/O Development organization that has a strong focus to be the #1 trusted IT Partner in the Datacenter market. Opportunities on the team include working with our Networking and Storage partners to develop and release new I/O products for our server portfolio to meet our customer and business needs.
In this role you will work closely with industry leading partners on new products to integrate Ethernet, Infiniband, Fibre Channel and RAID technology for our server. This role spans responsibility across hardware, firmware, and operating system device drivers. The role also entails solving unique client challenges through development of our server I/O solutions and direct engagement with customers. The candidate will become an integral and active member of a worldwide development team that is highly motivated to engage, understand and solve the technical challenges of today and shape the server connectivity designs of tomorrow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Interest in x86 architecture and sub-system design, including Networking/RAID /CPU/memory and PCIe technologies
- Proficiency in Linux/Windows/VMware Operating systems
- Proficiency in shell scripting (BASH/Perl/Python and Windows Power Shell)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for a variety of tasks, including customer engagements, defect investigation, and executive updates
- Experience in x86 architecture and hardware design
- Experience in embedded controllers (ex. PSOC, microcontroller), including schematic design and programming logic
- Collaboration experience on projects across a global development organization
- Exposure to EDA schematic design tools for PCB schematic creation and physical design activity