Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
In support of GMF’s mission, organizational strategies, and priorities - and in concert our experts and workstreams across the organization, the development team leads and executes GMF’s external fundraising activities that generate revenue, steward funding relationships, and meet accountability systems standards.
Instilling a culture of fundraising and business development throughout the organization the development team executes state of the art practices that build and maintain relationships; align with GMF strategy; exemplify collaboration; and achieve excellence. We will do this work by:
Leveraging GMF networks to represent the organization positively and professionally in all development and engagement efforts; recognize the nuances of transatlantic policy issues and cultivate relevant relationships.
Increasing, diversifying, and sustaining GMF’s donor base that supports an organization wide strategy for revenue generation and sustainability.
Employing performance measures and milestones to drive revenue growth.
- Working closely with program leaders to develop strategies for engagement with new funders.
- Establishing and operating effective fundraising systems – donor database, donor reports, and recognition.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial development professional to join our growing development team. The Manager, Corporate Partnerships, will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing a corporate partnership program, working with our program staff and country offices. The role will involve defining a strategy, cultivating relationships, and managing and expanding the portfolio of corporate partners. S/he is a critical player in securing funding for GMF’s programs aligned with our Statement of Values.
- Lead strategy development for the corporate partnerships’ revenue line.
- Identify new corporate prospects to fund GMF programmatic activities.
- Meet revenue goals and develop a growth plan in support of GMF workstreams.
- Manage a portfolio of 50+ corporate donors, developing and driving growth strategies for each workstream across GMF.
- Write, adapt, and edit proposals and concept notes working closely with program staff.
- Collaborate with the Leadership team, program staff, finance, and other development staff to ensure corporate fundraising goals are met.
- Represent GMF externally, engaging regularly with contacts of key funders and prospects and new business opportunities and steward existing relationships.
- Track and report on revenue projections and progress towards goals
- Work across GMF to ensure that corporate partnership fundraising strategies complement GMF’s programmatic goals and help achieve impact at scale desired.
- Ensure that up-to-date records are maintained in the Dynamics CRM
- Provide regular updates to the executive office, leadership team and board of directors on fundraising activities and results.
- Provide support to GMF workstream staff on how to approach corporate prospects.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Minimum of 12 years of proven experience, preferably 15 years, in building and implementing a successful corporate partnership program for a nonprofit policy organization.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for the GMF mission.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization and proven ability to lead proposal teams and deliver results (across workstreams, enterprise operations, offices, and decision-making levels).
- Proven ability to strategically increase corporate giving.
- Understanding of prospect management and CRM systems, donor databases, and prospect pipeline development and analysis.
- Personal solicitation experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills, diligence, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with corporate partners, stakeholders, and internal teams.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates a history of building relationships through fostering enthusiasm and mutual trust, candor, and respect.
- Purposeful, able to see concepts and ideas through implementation.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to take initiative, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and use of sound judgment.
- Excellent tech skills with knowledge and experience with CRM and pulling of reports and data.
- Contribute to the overall success of GMF by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, nonprofit management, or international relations required and master’s preferred.
Salary: $116,000 – 145,000
Apply by clicking this link: Senior Manager Corporate Partnerships
We highly encourage individuals from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Historically, underrepresented groups include (but are not limited to) Black, Latinx/o/a/e, Indigenous, Asian, Arab, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, biracial, multiracial, female-identifying, the disability community, LGBTQIA+, and other marginalized identities.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At GMF we are dedicated to building a diverse and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role, but your experience does not align perfectly, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles at GMF.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.