Intern – Information Technology
As an Intern within NetApp IT, you will work closely with a team that supports and enhances NetApp's world-wide business processes and systems. You will be provided a short-term project to complete during your Internship. To ensure success, you will be paired with a mentor who will guide and assist you throughout the duration of the internship. Our intern work differs depending on the team and project work but some potential areas of focus and skill sets are listed in the requirements below.
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market -leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off-limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. What’s more, whatever your role, you can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with IT systems (applications, servers, networking, etc.) or IT practices (operations, change control, release management)
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and technical team members to support detadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize these in a curstomer-facing environment.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and determination to complete work
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Project experience in data analysis, statistical modeling and hypothesis testing
- Working knowledge of one or more statistical analysis tools or languages & related libraries/packages: R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Knowledge and application of concepts important to Machine Learning: e.g., cross-validation, regularization, bootstrapping, etc.
- Experience with one or more business intelligence or data visualization tools (eg. shiny, plotly, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Job Posting Info: This is a pipeline position that will be opened on a recurring basis and used to fill roles aligned with the required skill sets.
- Program Dates: This is an internship with start dates in May or June 2024. Recruiting efforts will be ongoing until specific teams find an ideal match.
- Thrive Everywhere: NetApp’s approach to in-person and remote work will be a flexible hybrid model that emphasizes flexibility for employees and puts our talent first.
Must be enrolled in an educational or professional program through summer 2024 or later.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
NetApp is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, and any other protected classification.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
USA Residents Only:
Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws, Company bonus/commission, employee stock purchase plan, and/or restricted stocks (RSU’s).