Analyst (Global Health Economics)
Unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, global health nonprofit that is transforming healthcare. Expand your knowledge of global health and issues for emerging markets and developing countries, connect with leading experts in the field, and acquire skills in research, analysis, and project management. This is an exciting opportunity with an organization seeking to change the global health sector.
Aceso Global (www.acesoglobal.org) is a Washington, D.C. nonprofit that provides strategic healthcare advisory services to strengthen health systems and achieve affordable, high quality healthcare in emerging markets and developing countries.
Founded in 2015 by two experts with decades of experience in the field, Aceso Global advises governments, insurers, private companies, foundations, and nonprofits in diagnosing problems, devising solutions, and creating value in hospital and healthcare. Aceso Global undertakes research, analysis, and data collection to drive learning and collaboration across the global health community. Our work informs policymaking, healthcare investments, hospital management and financing, and front-line integrated care improvements.
We are looking for an Analyst to join us to assist with Aceso Global’s project management, field and research projects and creating written and graphic materials. . This is an excellent opportunity with a dynamic organization that has high-profile international clients and conducts substantive, impactful health sector work. The Analyst will work directly with, and learn from, leaders in global health; the Analyst will also have the unique opportunity to take on a variety of meaningful responsibilities, and to travel internationally as pandemic restrictions lift. Aceso Global seeks graduates who want to be international health problem solvers and are eager to work in an innovative environment with significant social impact.
Motivated Analysts can reasonably expect to acquire or improve valuable professional skills, including research skills, knowledge of unique and exciting new developments in global health, familiarity with technical terms and methodologies used in international health, and experience with contract work with international organizations such as the Inter-American Development Bank, World Bank, Gates Foundation, and The Global Fund, among others, and emerging market governments and private companies.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Project management – Assist in development and management of Aceso Global’s field projects; assist in identifying funding opportunities, events, partners, etc.
- Knowledge management – Review Aceso Global content and materials; assist in research papers, reports, and social media
- Research – Support organizational and technical research needs; assist in writing white papers and presentations
- Communicating thought leadership – Support in design and preparation of presentations to communicate Aceso Global’s mission to key stakeholders, donors, and clients
- Conference support – Support meeting arrangements, travel arrangements, event logistics, project coordination and the like
Aceso Global is seeking early-career candidates with a bachelor’s degree and an interest in international development, economics, and global health. Candidates should be able to think on their feet and be intellectually curious, have excellent writing, editing, and management skills and be excited about working in a startup environment. Regardless of major, a basic understanding of economics is an advantage as are courses in economics and statistics/econometrics. The candidate should possess:
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; editing experience valued
- Strong research skills
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- International work, educational or cultural experience
- Poise, confidence, and organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese or both are highly desirable
- Fluency in professional written English usage, grammar, and punctuation