Program Coordinator, Alumni Relations
The Strategic Engagement Hub at GMF brings together the work of communications and editorial, government relations, leadership programs, and strategic convening to achieve greater efficiency, synergy and strategic messaging. The work of this team is focused on expanding GMF’s outreach and visibility, and deepening GMF’s engagement with the alumni of our Leadership Programs. The Strategic Engagement hub ensures all internal and external engagement reflects and widely promotes GMF brand: we are the living, breathing spirit of the Marshall Plan.
The Program Coordinator, Alumni Relations is responsible for events, projects, and initiatives that are managed by the Alumni Relations workstream. This includes planning, promoting, managing tasks, communication, executing events and functions. This position requires event logistics experience and provides an opportunity for personal growth in development of fundraising, database, and event management. This position reports to the Managing Director of Alumni Relations.
- Work with Managing Director of Alumni Relations to prepare and execute all Alumni Events, projects, and initiatives
- Coordinate and lead Alumni Relations event logistics when needed
- Coordinate and manage trainees for events as needed
- Manage the alumni database and maintain accurate alumni records and data reports/tracking
- Manage Alumni Relations social media content
- Provide support in all projects/communication designed to engage Alumni audiences
- Organize and facilitate any necessary event committee mtgs.
- Provide meaningful ways to help support traditional and non-traditional recruitment through partnership with Alumni Relations
- Support fundraising efforts through Alumni network
- Assist with the daily organizational tasks related to budget expenditures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Works with Director to assure coordination and development of total alumni relations program; recommends long and short-range goals and overall direction of alumni programs
- Promotes and fosters effective alumni relations through continuing written communication and personal contact with constituent groups
- Provides staff assistance to Alumni network, as assigned
- Develops, designs and arranges for publicity and promotional materials for alumni functions and/or services, in assigned area of responsibility
- Plans, coordinates and schedules all logistical details and makes necessary arrangements for programs and/or services in assigned area of responsibility
- Performs necessary administrative functions such as record keeping, reports, correspondence, program budget oversight and contractual arrangements, as necessary; maintain records and supervise bookkeeping, reconcile accounts, internal audit of all financial accounts within alumni association
- Evaluates and monitors effectiveness of programs/services and identifies problems, recommends improvements and institutes changes
- Serves as a resource to alumni and others regarding alumni activities
- Assists Director in preparing funding requests, including grant proposals under the general direction of the Director
- Coordinates alumni recognition program, as assigned
- Seeks to develop and establish new alumni chapters, regional centers and/or programs and services, as assigned
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- An understanding of the importance of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- An interest in transatlantic relations and leadership programs.
- Experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues and alumni at all levels, from trainee to president
- Data Entry experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills for Microsoft Office Suite as well as advanced skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the database system or aptitude to learn database management, reporting, and tracking.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced work environment.
- Intrinsically motivated and good at managing time.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with various computer software applications.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Ability to analyze effectiveness of events and adjust when necessary, fine-tuning on a regular basis
- Experience in editing copy for marketing and communications publications.
- Experience working with event logistics.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a customer service office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, direct and coordinate multiple programs and activities
- Strong desire and natural ability to deal with people
- May require proven background in writing, editing and design for certain specialties
- Bachelor’s degree
We highly encourage individuals from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Historically, underrepresented groups include (but are not limited to) Black, Latinx/o/a/e, Indigenous, Asian, Arab, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, biracial, multiracial, female-identifying, the disability community, LGBTQIA+, and other marginalized identities.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At GMF we are dedicated to building a diverse and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role, but your experience does not align perfectly, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles at GMF.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.