Project Management Internship
The DEC Network
Start Date: January 2024
End Date: May 2024
Category/ Job Type: Internship
Interning at the DEC Network exposes you to nonprofit organizational practices, entrepreneurship community outreach, equity culture advancement, and local economic structures - all within a project management framework for this specific internship.
Whether you are an aspiring artist, graphic designer, journalist, IT professional, engineer, researcher, analyst, consultant, or not sure what you quite want to do yet and would simply love a future job where you can use all your skills, an internship like this one with the DEC Network teaches universally applicable, wholly valuable skills and perspectives that you can use for the rest of your life.
Explore a project management internship at the DEC Network.
Learning Objectives and Responsibilities (You will learn to...)
- Produce timelines to finish individual projects and adhere to said timelines
- Learn how to manage multiple projects
- Learn how to identify areas of improvement in various aspects of projects and communicate effective fixes, executing said fixes as necessary
- Determine topics and skills you wish you explore and incorporate into your internship
- Conduct research into any alternatives for project decisions and provide recommendations
- Design functionally efficient, aesthetically pleasing files
- Bring strong curiosity and genuine helpfulness to the internship
- Budget time for a workload of 12-15 hours per week
- Complete project-related and academically-relevant tasks as assigned
- Salesforce utilization
- Must Haves/Qualifications:
- Proficient in Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Data Base/Software Systems (ex: Salesforce, Hubspot)
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt to changes and prioritize effectively
- Must be able to work both independently as well as cross-functionally with excellent written & oral communication skills
This is not a paid position.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
About The DEC Network
- The DEC Network is a 501c3 nonprofit organization driving parity and economic impact by helping entrepreneurs start, build and grow their businesses. Since 2013, we have been launching physical hubs, events, and education programs for startups, with a particular focus on women and entrepreneurs of color. Born from a shared vision among small business and entrepreneurship advocates, The DEC Network believes investment in entrepreneurs is an investment in the community.