Summer 2024- Supply Chain Internship
*Must be able to commute to Methuen, MA or Wells, ME
*Relocation not available
SHAWS Distribution Center, an Albertsons Company, is a leading food and drug retailer in the United States. The Company operates 2,276 retail food and drug stores with 1,720 pharmacies, 402 associated fuel centers, 23 dedicated distribution centers and 20 manufacturing facilities. We have stores across 34 states and the District of Columbia with 24 banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen, Carrs, Kings Food Markets and Balducci's Food Lovers Market. The Company is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood.
Albertsons Companies (ACI) is investing in the next generation of talent in our Supply Chain Summer '24 Internship Program. As an intern with ACI you will develop skills alongside engaged mentors and passionate leaders to make an impact, be a change maker and innovate.
About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on raising the bar with innovation and building belonging through our culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique purpose: to create joy around each table and inspire a healthier tomorrow for every community.
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with over 2,200 stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia. Our well-known banners include Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen, Carrs, Kings Food Markets, and Balducci's Food Lovers Market. We support our stores with 22 distribution centers and 19 manufacturing plants.
Placing a premium on adaptability, safety and family well-being, our work model, Presence with a Purpose, offers a hybrid work environment between remote work and office time. A one-size-fits-all approach does not apply to everyone, and teams are empowered to make decisions best for them.
Bring your flavor
Building the future of food and well-being starts with you. Join our team and bring your best self to the table.
What you will be doing
Our Summer Intern program gives you the chance to learn about supply chain through a combination of mentoring, on-the-job skills training and professional development.
• The Supply Chain summer internship program lasts 10-weeks. The internship will consist of a meaningful distribution, manufacturing or supply chain operations project tied to process improvement, efficiency, revenue generation, and cost savings. This internship will culminate in a presentation on results, recommendations, and scalability to senior leadership during the final week of the summer internship program.
• You will be assigned to Department Managers who will guide and mentor you during your internship
• You will work full-time and be paid for ten 40-hour weeks. You will receive holiday pay for applicable summer holidays (memorial day, Juneteenth and July 4th)
• You will engage in company culture and team building exercises
• By the end of the program, you will have a remarkably clear idea of what working in the exciting and changing world of supply chain is all about
• Our goal is to be your employer of choice to launch your career with Albertsons Distribution. Our goals for conversion are 70% post-graduation
• If you share our commitment to excellence in customer service, we can provide you with one of the most exciting and challenging internship opportunities in the industry
Albertsons supply chain internships operate under our "Presence with Purpose" hybrid office model. These positions must be based out of our Methuen MA or Wells ME location.
What we are searching for
- Supply Chain or applicable major supporting distribution, logistics, supply chain
- Qualified candidates must be on track to graduate no later than Summer 2025
- Ability to quickly develop new skills, learn new tools, and integrate new techniques
- Aptitude for learning
- Passionate about making an impact while working collaboratively with cross functional teams for overall company objectives
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills
What is it like at Albertsons?
Our 290,000 associates have a passion for great service and building lasting relationships with our customers. Through a companywide focus on innovation, we are continually enhancing our digital and product offerings, making it easy for customers to get what they need, wherever they are.
The pay range is $20.00 per hour, but no less than the local minimum wage.