Juvenile Justice Social Worker
$2000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca employees in this position!
Are you a Social Worker that's passionate about supporting youth and families in need? Join the team of dedicated mental health professionals at Seneca!
The Social Worker on our team will hold a caseload of 10 clients or less, provides family-based mental health counseling, clinical case management, and crisis intervention to youth and families referred through Alameda County’s Collaborative Court. As the Social Worker, you will have the opportunity to advocate for the youth and families by participating in treatment reviews, program staff meeting, and IEP meetings as necessary with no weekend shifts.
Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT OUR SERVICES
Social Workers attend delinquency court regularly and provide collaboration and consultation as part of a multi-disciplinary team composed of the juvenile probation department, the public defender’s office, county behavioral health, and other civil legal service providers. We believe a key factor in sustaining behavioral change is including families and caregivers in every aspect of treatment. The wraparound model is a short term (12-18 months) intervention aimed at stabilizing family systems. Services will be provided almost exclusively in the community: in families’ homes, group homes, foster homes, schools, etc.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Meet with clients and caregivers on a weekly basis to further treatment goals
- Establish Child and Family teams to facilitate treatment planning and provide support
- Accurately document treatment plans, incident reports, and other documentation promptly
- Participate in crisis response system as scheduled with the program supervisor
- Participate in individual and/or group supervision
- Maintain collaboration with juvenile court partners, probation and public defender's office
- Facilitate Child and Family team meetings which can include youth, family members, probation officers and/or school staff
- Master’s degree in Social Work/Psychology/Counseling
- Registered with California BBS: LCSW, AMFT, or full licensed
- Flexible schedule with ability to work some evenings
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Own vehicle, Valid California driver's license and insurability with Seneca's automobile policy
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other state/federal licensing or certification requirements
- Must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Experience working with system involved youth
- Community based experience
- Good organizational and critical-thinking skills
- Mon - Fri; 9AM - 5:30PM
- Flexible schedule with ability to work some evenings, scheduled ahead of time
- No weekend shifts
- Starting at $69,010 - $83,010 per year, actual salary dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualification
- Additional $4000 salary increase for BBS licensure
- An additional compensation upon passing the bilingual language proficiency exam
- $2000 sign-on bonus!
- Mileage reimbursement
- Salary increases each year
Comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture coverage, and fertility coverage
- 50% paid premiums for dependents
- Long-term disability, family leave, and life insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 5 weeks of Paid Time off and 11 Paid Holidays
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Seneca is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness certified employer
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond:
- We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts
- Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can be mitigated through your clinical training stipend
- Promotional opportunities across the agency in California and Washington
Please apply directly through our website by clicking here!