Intern – Finance
At Edelman Financial Engines (EFE), we believe everyone deserves to move their financial life forward!
We know that assets have the power to fund goals. Those numbers represent individual lifetimes filled with hard work and dreams for our clients and generations to follow. Our clients trust us to guide them forward with compassion, integrity and invention. We uphold that same standard of respect and dedication for clients and colleagues alike.
Founded on the idea that financial education is a fundamental right for everyone, Edelman Financial Engines continues to grow and challenge the status quo. We’re moving forward, together. If our hard-working dedication encourages you, we invite you to consider joining our team.
As a Finance Intern on the Client team, you’ll play a pivotal role by improving business processes and financial models. You’ll gain hands-on experience and learn about the various aspects of the finance function at EFE including financial reporting, client acquisition cost modeling, and various financial analyses.
In addition to an earnest desire to help people, we are looking for the ideal candidate to complement the team’s existing talents. For this Finance Intern role, we are seeking someone who has a positive, team-oriented demeanor and an enthusiastic ambition to pursue a career in finance. If you have a passion to develop new skills and would like to see for yourself what it’s like to be in finance, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Leverage Hyperion to build standard templates we could use for reporting and analysis.
- Refresh marketing cost allocation methodology and client lifetime value critical metrics to support efficient marketing spend.
- Do a deep dive into specific flows, revenue, and/or cost of revenue line items to look for seasonality, correlations, and any other details or patterns that could improve our 2025 plan.
- Sponsor pricing study – compare actual pricing with current framework and review trend at the record keeping level.
- Must be a Rising Senior, Recent college Grad or Graduate Student
- Majors Desired: Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Math, MIS, Engineering, or related fields.
- Coursework should include finance, economics, accounting, and statistics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in SQL and Tableau a plus
- Diligent, organized, and have ability to balance multiple assignments simultaneously.
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisory firm, recognized by Barron’s,1 with 145+ offices2 across the country and entrusted by more than 1.3 million clients to manage more than $242 billion in assets.3 Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, please visit EdelmanFinancialEngines.com.