2024 Summer Internship Program- Wealth Management Service Delivery:
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We welcome you to apply! When applying to this general 2024 Campus Programs posting, our expert BNY Mellon Talent Acquisition Team may also review your resume for consideration across other open early career roles within the company.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role in the Summer Internship Program to join our Wealth Management Service Delivery team. This role is located in Pittsburgh (PA) in a HYBRID capacity.
BNY Mellon’s Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding 10-week internship experience, as well as an inside look into what it is like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SIP participants, our summer interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in Wealth Management Operations while learning to work together in collaborative teams and building a robust network within BNY Mellon.
From day one, summer interns are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Enterprise-led intern orientation program combined with ongoing executive speaker series and virtual training curriculum designed specifically for summer interns
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments that deliver learning and skill development through practical work, mentorship, and training
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including internship managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to different areas of business
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training, along with technical and business acumen development
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive community with full commitment of top-level management to deliver a premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
Wealth Management Service Delivery
Wealth Management Service Delivery provides operational support, outstanding client service and technical expertise to WM clients and internal colleagues in all aspects of the Investment Management and Private Banking accounts lifecycle. Our team has significant industry knowledge, and we proactively approach operational situations in an agile and innovative manner. We deliver timely and effective execution, while always maintaining a risk-mitigating environment. Service Delivery has 400 employees primarily located on our Pittsburgh campus.
Interns may be placed within the following Service Delivery units:
WM KYC/ AML Control Group:
- The KYC/AML Control Group’s responsibility is to identify and mitigate KYC, AML, Reputation and Regulatory risk to the Company. The KYC/AML Control group supports the client facing staff with the onboarding of clients by assessing and addressing AML, Regulatory and reputation risk.
- Private Banking products are a critical and complimentary part of our offering to WM clients. Banking Operations supports our WM clients and Front Office partners with Private Banking deposit services including account opening, online support, regulatory and tax requirements, and general servicing. Certain teams have direct client contact and are a hybrid operation support model to help process requests while communicating directly with WM clients.
- The Investment Operations group provides exemplary service to our Investment Management accounts, while remaining focused on a best-in-class risk and control environment. This group supports client facing teams from account opening through onboarding and ongoing account processing that impacts client accounts.
Middle Office Support Services:
- Middle Office Support Services is an extension of the Front Office handling many of the account activities that occur throughout the life of an account. Much of this team’s centralized support models have brought control and consistency to our Front Office and external clients.
- Specialized Solutions provides next-level business services for WM clients and colleagues, focusing on providing innovative strategies to Service Delivery and Wealth Management. Solutions include Robotics, Premier Onboarding, Process Solutions, and the Program Management Office.
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors preferred; however open to all majors with an individual interested in the financial services industry
- Individuals who will be graduating in December 2024 through August 2025
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.