Credit Agricole CIB - Summer Analyst -Chicago Coverage
Job title: Summer Analyst - Coverage intern
Department: Chicago Coverage
Crédit Agricole S.A. is a global financial institution based in France with over $2.1 trillion in total assets. The Bank offers a full range of services that include retail banking, corporate & investment banking, asset management, insurance, and numerous others. Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides capital markets, investment banking, and corporate banking services worldwide.
Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank’s Chicago Office is responsible for executing transactions on behalf of multinational clients headquartered in the U.S. Our clients include public and private companies with a large international presence and annual revenues generally in excess of $1.0 billion. Transactions executed on behalf of clients include but are not limited to strategic and financial advisory, syndicated debt, bond/equity issuances, foreign exchange / interest rate derivatives, securitization, trade finance and structured transactions.
The Chicago Client Coverage Team is seeking a college undergraduate to assist senior bankers in the management of client’ relationships. The ideal candidate will demonstrate I) strong initiative and the ability to work well under pressure, II) ability to manage numerous assignments at once, III) resourcefulness and independence, IV) professional demeanor, and V) strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, the candidate should have an understanding of finance and accounting fundamentals; financial statement analysis and modeling; and valuation methodologies.
The Summer Analyst program offers an opportunity for college undergraduates interested in finance and corporate / investment banking to actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our Summer Analysts with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement. The goal of the Summer Analyst program is to develop the ideal candidate into a U.S. Associate – coverage analyst position upon graduation.
- Work directly with relationship managers to organize presentation materials for clients and senior management
- Undergo financial analysis of current/prospective clients related to capital structure, creditworthiness, and financial performance in order to identify future business opportunities
- Coordinate the internal approval of transactions related to syndicated debt, bonds, securitization, trade finance, interest rate derivatives and other products within the CA-CIB global platform
- Analyze the benefit of entering transactions, maintaining or exiting global client relationships, and communicating your findings to senior management
- Construct and maintain internal models to measure client profitability, risk weighted assets, and the competitiveness of CA-CIB in all product areas
- Conduct research projects related to the Automotive, Agrifoods, Mining & Metals, Technology and other industries
- Prepare write-ups, quarterly and annual reviews and other reports in a timely fashion
- College junior pursuing a degree in Finance or a related field
-Candidate will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statements
- Some financial modeling skills
- Developed oral and written presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of major computer applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word (experience using the Bloomberg terminal is a plus)
- Basic grasp of risk/return analysis concepts and tools