2024 Internal Controls Summer Internship
2024 U.S Internal Controls Internship
Summer 2024, Full-Time
New York City, United States
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Interns will have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals. Interns will also have access to our Mentoring program where students will be teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development.
Is this role right for you?
Intern hires within Internal Controls assist in the day-to- day functions while working with governance teams and other applicable teams to execute assigned tasks. You will work with senior leadership within Internal Controls to ensure all business activities are following the control environment.
The 2024 Scotiabank Intern program is designed to provide students with a stimulating and challenging opportunity in a growing organization. Students will gain first-hand exposure to careers within the bank by working within one of our divisions located in the heart of the Financial District in New York City.
Our intern will provide hands on experience to various aspects of our international bank by working closely with experienced professionals. We are looking for students that want to use their qualitative and quantitative skills and connect what they learn in the classroom to real life assignments and projects.
What will my responsibilities look like?
- Assist colleagues in managing the employees change management process which includes, but not limited to, interacting with various Internal Controls teams in US and outside US.
- Assist in preparing the trader oversight reports and work with the supervisor to ensure the accuracy of the final reports.
- Assist in performing reconciliation and any other assigned tasks in managing and update the regulatory controls inventory and help the team in collating non regulatory controls.
- Help in collating updates from several stakeholders in preparing the presentation decks of Internal Control for management committees.
- Work with supervision team to manage changes in licenses and based on changes in regulatory rules or regulations and any other topics concerning supervisory obligations at the firm.
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly reports to Senior Management with respect to employee changes and hierarchy updates.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as assigned by the senior management of Internal Control
- Tracking and producing reports regarding /incidents related to GBM activities that are self-identified as well as those noted during control testing.
- Assisting In the prep work for upcoming internal testing of GBM controls as well as participation in the review, including, but not limited to researching relevant regulatory, procedure, and or policy matters as well as drafting of reports.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in process in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or related major(s)
- A high level of attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work with large sets of data, under supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced office environment near a standard trading floor maintaining focus within operational risk
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office with projects completed in Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of the financial markets, regulatory risk and internal controls, as a whole
How to apply:
You must apply via the Scotiabank Career Page and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position.
- Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” button.
- Submit your resume and transcript as a single PDF when prompted.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for next steps, including a video interview.
We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, Scotiabank, will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
As Canada’s Most International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.