2024 Business Automation Internship
2024 Business Automation: Co-Op
June 2024- August 2024, Full-Time
New York City, United States
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Interns will have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals. Interns will also have access to our Mentoring program where students will be teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development.
The objective of the experience is to identify exceptional candidates for full-time opportunities or a second internship with the GBM team. We are committed to offering you extensive opportunities for training, hands-on experience and career advancement.
What will my responsibilities look like?
- Builds dashboards, reports, and other tools within the Automation portfolio project workstreams within a Program or Project Portfolio
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Communicate the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams
- Lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Partner with technology and program managers to integrate timelines and deliverables into project plans, create business requirement documents, test scripts, user acceptance testing, project artifacts, identify risks, issues, dependencies and obtain approvals
- Manage quality control / assurance testing process, issue reporting, resolution and approval of project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop clear and concise dashboards and presentations tailored to the audience
- Provide clear updates for automation projects that support efficient and effective delivery while maintaining adherence to internal project management standards
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if:
- Bachelor's degree in progress within business, finance, technology, or related field with graduation between December 2024 and May 2025
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels within the organization
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, data modeling and using unstructured data.
- Experience using MS Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Familiarity with Power BI, Power BI Report Builder, and SharePoint
- Knowledge of the development lifecycle, a plus.
How to apply:
You must apply via Scotiabank's Career Page and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position.
- Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” button.
- Submit your resume and transcript as a single PDF when prompted.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for next steps, including a video interview.
We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, Scotiabank, will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
As Canada’s Most International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.