2024 US Treasury and Money Markets Internship
US Treasury and International Money Markets, Internship
June- August 2024, Full-Time
New York City, United States
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Interns will have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals. Interns will also have access to our Mentoring program where students will be teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development.
The objective of the experience is to identify exceptional candidates for full-time opportunities or a second internship with the GBM Capital Markets team. We are committed to offering you extensive opportunities for training, hands-on experience and career advancement. Simply put, your future is our investment.
Is this role right for you?
The International Money Markets and Funding team in the U.S., ensuring individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. They actively ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations and internal policies and procedures.
The Intern in U.S. Treasury is responsible to support all aspects of USD Liquidity managed by the U.S. Operations. The incumbent is responsible for providing support within the Reporting & Analytics, Funding Desk, Balance Sheet Management, and Strategic Initiatives teams. The incumbent is expected to connect all facets of liquidity analysis, support the unsecured funding desk, produce, and update governance documentation, and support the general projects of U.S. Treasury.
What will my responsibilities look like?
- Support the production of daily liquidity reporting with consideration to the Bank’s risk appetite, including investigating any day-over-day material variances.
- Progress the documentation through the various review cycles for publication and ensure that all documentation is done in accordance with standards and formats.
- Maintain, develop, and improve reporting and analytics; aptitude for using new technologies to enhance operational workflow, trading and reporting systems, and market surveillance capabilities.
- Works with other members of the Reporting & Analytics team to produce management summaries of liquidity positioning, risk drivers and trends, and analyze any abnormalities using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Provide reporting and analysis to support communication with major business lines to reconcile, analyze and improve US Treasury reports, including coordination of business line reviews for both unsecured and secured funding markets.
- Performs ad-hoc analytics and reporting as requested by the U.S. Treasurer and other senior management.
- Champions and thrives in a high-performance environment with other team members to ensure that overall team goals, objectives and timelines are met.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if:
- You are pursuing an undergraduate degree in business, finance, or related majors with graduation between December 2024 and May 2025
- You are interested in Capital Markets and/or Regulation
- You have strong attention to detail, analytical abilities, and can multi-task amongst competing priorities
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills across internal stakeholders
How to apply:
You must apply via Scotiabank’s Career Page and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position.
- Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” button.
- Submit your resume and transcript as a single PDF when prompted.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for next steps, including a video interview.
We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, Scotiabank, will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit.
As Canada’s Most International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible