Food Systems AmeriCorps Member
The position of the Public Health AmeriCorps Food Systems Member will work closely with staff of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County, Community Nutrition, and Ag Development team to address public health and food related issues such as food insecurity, nutrition education, and other community needs. Please note: this position will involve service on the weekends, specifically on Saturdays.
Please note, this is a Public Health AmeriCorps position, not a traditional job or internship. Members will serve in-person in Binghamton, NY. A term of service involves 900 total hours of service throughout a 10-11 month period at 20-25 hours/week. Members receive a living allowance of $11,000 (divided into biweekly payments throughout the term) and an education award of $3,447.50 (to be used on qualified education expenses).
We do not accept the Handshake application as a full application. To apply, please visit our website.
- Educate the community on existing programs to ensure access to healthy foods through the SNAP program and other nutrition incentives at the farmers markets located in Broome County.
- Engage the community to support and use existing programming.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of innovative programming.
- Provide support in marketing and outreach materials for food systems related projects.
Work alongside community partners and organizations on various food systems related projects.
- COVID vaccination (original shot(s) and at least one booster)
- Valid driver's license
- A reliable, personal vehicle
- Ability to perform hands-on physical labor