You are viewing a preview of this job. Log in or register to view more details about this job.

AgCorps Food Business Center Specialist

The Northwest and Rocky Mountain Regional Food Business Center (  is one of 12 newly created centers around the United States. The main goals of the Northwest and Rocky Mountain center are to cultivate and coordinate partnerships, provide localized technical assistance, and build the capacity of historically underserved communities. This position will primarily focus on the center’s mission to reach underserved communities including BIPOC, Tribal Nations, Veterans, New Entry and Urban Farmers, Farmers with Disabilities and Persistent poverty Regions. 

This position will be in the field and on the road about 40% of the time. The remaining 60% will be conducted in a typical office environment. Transportation or mileage reimbursement for program activities will be provided.

Essential Functions and responsibilities: 

  • Identify underserved communities and groups within the state
  • Identify organizations that may be serving those groups
  • Connect with evaluation staff at CSU to identify strategies to determine if Department resources are reaching underserved communities
  • Connect with partners to determine strategies to ensure resources are getting to underserved communities
  • If barriers are identified, develop strategies to minimize those barriers 
  • Outreach to underserved communities and promotion of RFBC services
  • Attendance to mandatory trainings (Orientation, Symposium, mid-service training and end of service training) 
  • Participation in evaluation and reporting (monthly reporting, bi-weekly timesheet submission and monthly check-in calls)